[mythtv-users] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Scott D. Davilla davilla at 4pi.com
Wed Mar 19 19:01:21 UTC 2008

>  >  Actually, it's 100% up to the devs what version they choose.  I'm
>>   actually hoping for 4.4, as soon as it's released.  (If they don't
>>   choose 4.4, there's a very good chance that MythBrowser won't exist in
>  >  the next version of Myth.)

Yes, it's their sandbox, they make the rules and decisions.

However, if the version of Qt4 requires a manual distro update, then
there will be much less of an incentive for a user to update. I for
one will not until the distro supports that Qt4 version. Possibility
of something going wrong with the update is way too high at the
current time and while I can tolerate a flaky MythTV setup, I cannot
tolerate a flaky distro install. Might as well do an manual X11
update too and that's non-trivial.

This means less bug reports from users regarding the Qt4 development
version. As long as the devs understand that their user feedback
source is going to get much smaller on the Qt4 tree, then have at it.

My two cents.
Scott