[mythtv-users] playback profiles... help.

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Mar 19 16:09:22 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 08:01:35PM +0000, Paul Harrison wrote:
> Sarah Hayes wrote:
> > Yes, I'm being an idiot and whilst I REALLY like 0.21 I'm trying to
> > understand the default playback profiles. I get what they're doing.
> >
> > The defaults seem to be: Slim, CPU+, CPU++, High Quality, CPU--,
> > Normal.   I'm assuming these are the pre-defined ones but it could be
> > something chucked in to Gentoo... if it is I'll go ask in their forums :)
> >
> > I'd guess High Quality is "best of the best" with all the goodies turned
> > on, but I'm having a hard time with the others, especially the ones that
> > make mention of ivtv, which I thought was for driving a PVR card?  I get
> > the resolution checking and differing rendering engines bit, I'm just
> > wonder what the intended use is and what sort of proc/speed's fit in to
> > those defaults... is a C3 a 'cpu+' or a 'cpu--' or indeed a 'slim' sort
> > of thing.

    Do any of those profiles directly address interlacing and tearing?

    I have some tearing on my upstairs set (SD CRT) that I would like
to get rid of. Although now that I think about it, it might be a xine
problem. Given that I do have both types of sets (HD vs SD) it would
be nice to know if there are canned profiles that acomodate both of
them easily.

    The old set runs at 640x480 and the new on runs at 1080p.

[deletia]