[mythtv-users] Color error when importing DVDs

Jens Baumeister jens.baumeister at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 11:58:52 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I built an upgraded backend (with info learned from lurking on this
list :-) ), and finally have enough horsepower to import my own DVDs
so I can watch tem on my eeePC. However, with every DVD I tried, it
looks as if the picture slowly gets more an more reddish over the
course of a minute or so, then it'll abruptly lose that tint and the
process will start over again.

It's not extremely notable looking at any single frame by itself, but
the constant changing, especially the jump back to non-reddish, is a
bit annoying.

I'm using the "Good" quality setting for import with subtitles
enabled. The resulting files are about 275M for an episode of
"Friends" and around 500M for an episode of The West Wing.

I couldn't find any mention of this kind of problem in the archives.
Does anyone have any idea what's going on there?

Jens