[mythtv-users] Howto prevent MythTV flushing/Syncing disk writes (LiveTV/Recordings)

Jeffrey Borg jeffrey at borgs.net
Wed Mar 19 10:35:59 UTC 2008

Albert Graham wrote:

> Ah, It's understandable that "playback" could get interrupted - because
> as far as I remember,
> by default writes get priority over reads (this a configurable /proc
> option in Linux), I interpreted
>  "video skipping" as failed capturing - which is different from frontend
> playback, my apologies :).

Try
blockdev --setra 4096 /dev/name

where 4096 is 4mb. this is a read ahead value.

I think my problem at times might just be the 100mbit network now. With
3 remote front ends. The back end is my desktop pc.

Also I rather let mythtv write often. I have already had 600gb of
recordings end up in lost+found. I only managed to get the names back
after I noticed the file sizes in the database.

--
Regards

Jeffrey Borg
Mobile: 0418 492 730