[mythtv-users] SA3250 HD + firewire questions

Keith Lawson keith at nowhere.ca
Tue Mar 18 18:19:11 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Daniel Agar wrote:

> >> record HD
> >> couple of

> >> channels

> >> will
> > <snip>
> >
> > So that means the firewire connection should be the only connection I
> > require to myth? I don't need to connect svideo for the regular SD
> > channels?
> >
> > Keith.
> >

> You should really give it a try to see what you get through firewire. I
> have an sa3250 and only get a few HD channels through firewire. I still
> use svideo connected to a pvr150 to record the rest.

Any suggestion for the best way to test that? Just setup the firewire
source and flick through the channels using the remote for my STB?

Last night when I was testing it seemed like "firewire_tester" functioning
depended on what channel the STB was tuned to. As soon as I fired up the
mythfrontend it all died though.