[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Emery Guevremont emery.guevremont at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 16:18:38 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2008, at 8:30 AM, Emery Guevremont wrote:
>>> I'm also a proud owner of the Archos 605 (4GB flash model). I bought it used from ebay for $227 but the previous owner had bought all the plugins and the DVR station so for me it was a great deal.
> This sounds like a cool device. Can anyone comment on the quality of
> the screen and how videos look when playing back? Dead/stuck pixels?
Playback quality is super smooth, better than my DVD player that plays
Xvids. My videos are encoded with 920kbps (Xvid). The screen is great, I
find it does well in sunlight (I regularly watch videos in my car or
bus). The screen is 4.3" and display at 800x480 with 16 million colours.
I have no dead or stuck pixels.

If archos would open up the platform, it would have the potential to be
an ultra-portable PC.

BTW I do know that the 605 has been hacked to allow people to ssh into
the device (but I haven't felt like doing it yet). It runs linux btw.