[mythtv-users] fglrx and vsync

Paul Fleischer paul at xpg.dk
Tue Mar 18 08:18:02 UTC 2008

Howdy,

I have MythTV running on an Asus M2A-VM motherboard, which features an
integrated graphics card (X1250). With the new fglrx driver everything
works smoothly, except for the fact that I sometimes get horizontal
tearing, which I suspect is caused by missing vertical synchronization
(or whatever the correct technical term is). I have tried getting both
dri and glx vsync working, but both fail. Now I wonder if the fglrx
driver supports these methods at all?
Maybe there is another way of ensuring vsync updates of the screen?

/Paul