[mythtv-users] Font to small on large TV

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Mar 18 00:41:29 UTC 2008

On 03/17/2008 08:31 PM, Krzysztof Adamski wrote:
> I'm running Debian Etch and I update from debina-multimedia.org, so the
> only that I got updated so far is the themes. I use Lulius theme, but it
> does not matter what theme I use.
>
> On my FE that is connected to Samsung DLP TV all the fonts are to small
> to read. Before the update I changed the theme by adding size statements
> all over the place to make it usable, but the update has wiped this
> out.
> So instead of changing the theme again I figured I ask here if there is
> anything that can be done as to avoid the work again.
>
> I have change the "Small" "Medium" and "Large" font sizes without any
> effect on the themes.

Those are basically only for the settings screens.

> My TV is a 61" DLP connected to the DVI port on Nvidia 5200 card via DVI
> to HDMI cable. The X resolution is 1280 x 720 and DPI set to (29, 29);

If you're not using version 0.21, DPI /must/ be 100x100.  So, upgrade
Myth to version 0.21 (recommended) or set your X config such that DPI is
100x100 (which may still be a good thing so that other apps--such as
xterm and Firefox and ...--all look good, too).

> The same version of Myth and theme on my computer looks fine.

Because the DPI on that system is closer to 100x100.

Mike