[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Mon Mar 17 21:51:55 UTC 2008

TigerDirect is advertising an Archos 504 multi-media player for $129.

The Advert claims it supports "all popular video formats, including:

MEPG-41, WMV2, H2643, MPEG-24 and VOB4."

I have never heard of any of those formats. I suspect they are
"popular" only with someone trying to sell this device, or perhaps
it's just a bad job of proofreading the video format names?

Anyone have any information? It might make a nice companion to a Myth
system if it could actually play some video format that originated on
planet earth.

beww