[mythtv-users] recordings/mythvideo

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:22:42 UTC 2008

On 17/03/2008, Peter <siegelpeter at gmx.at> wrote:
> I was wondering why mythtv was handling the recordings and the mythvideo
>  playback differently. Why aren't mythvideos streamed to the frontend the
>  same way like recordings?

On a non-technical level, because non-TV material is handled by
plugins, not the core mythbackend component. You can still use the
Internal playback support for MythVideo, so you can still benefit from
the recent improvements to playback.

>  Wouldn't it be ideal if every media (videos, musik,pictures...) are
>  stored only on the backend and streamed to the frontend without the need
>  for a share directory?

It suppose would make configuration somewhat easier, but it's equally
straightforward  to store all of your media on the backend and export
network shares to your remote frontends or other non-MythTV machines.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/