[mythtv-users] nvram wakeup and myth 0.21

Christopher Brüning moonkuh at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 14:12:52 UTC 2008

Funny is how i get it to work :)

Here is what i had send to the mailing list.
Maybe the mail is lost in hundreds of other mails :p

<snip>
There seems to be an error in the wiki and under mytwelcome --setup ->
Format for Waketime (or in the Translation to German)

Thats what i put in nvram-wakeup command:

date -d "`echo $time | sed "s/T/ /"`" +%s | xargs /usr/sbin/nvram-wakeup
-A -C /etc/nvram-wakeup.conf -s

It's strange that i need -s at the end, because the wiki says something
like this:

Note that Mythwelcome will append "--settime xxxxxxxxxx" to this command
where xxxxxxxxxx is the next wakeup time in UTC format.

so that we don't need -s at the end, --settime and -s are the same.

Second strange thing, the description (the translation in german) for
waketime format  says that i have to use time_t with nvram-wakeup but
only
with the second option "yyyy:mm:........" nvram-wakeup works

</snip>

Took me a long time to find the answer why nvram-wakeup didn't work :(