[mythtv-users] mythfrontend is shearing video playback

John and Holly Klug j.h.klug at gmx.net
Mon Mar 17 04:19:35 UTC 2008

Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> On Mar 16, 2008, at 8:52 PM, John and Holly Klug wrote:
>

>> I am using the Nvidia proprietary driver (current AMD64) with Myth.
>> Anytime there is some panning, I get a horizontal shearing of the
>> video.  I have enabled glx vsync in nvidia-settings.  I have tried
>> NO_XV=1.
>>

> Sounds like you are viewing interlaced content on a progressive display.
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Interlaced_Output

The TV says it is in 1080i.  The source was 1080i as well.

Given what it does to horizontal lines on the desktop, I have to believe
it is in 1080i.

Stills have no problems, and the problems are noticable, and the
shearing increases as the object moves more quickly, and the tearing is
around the moving object.