[mythtv-users] OSD Signal Strength

Joe Votour vulturej at vulturesnest.net
Mon Mar 17 01:51:47 UTC 2008

Quoting mtrax11 <mylists at wilsononline.id.au>:

> I'm not sure if its a device driver as most other channels are fine
> I'm using a DVB-T AirStar and DNTV Live pro

<snip>

Since you're using a DVB-T card, you may be better off using dvbtools
rather than trying to fit constant signal monitoring into MythTV.
MythTV gets the same information as the tools do, as they both come
from the same driver level controls.

The other thing with using dvbtools is that you'll also be able to
determine whether or not it really is a signal issue, or an issue with
some other part of the system.

-- Joe