[mythtv-users] Problems with FireWire recording

Jason spuppet at comcast.net
Sun Mar 16 22:40:06 UTC 2008

>>   investigate whether this fix has been backported into the latest CentOS
>
> You're over thinking it.  >= 2.6.23 good. < 2.6.23 no good.
> I can assure you that there was a bug and it was fixed. Search
> the archives for "Firewire Issues" when the patch went into the
> release. My memory failed me. the fix was in the first release
> of 2.6.23.

My reason for asking for a reference is that I don't particularly want to
step away from the stock CentOS kernels.  I can certainly go with the latest
kernel (being a simple process and all), but I'm just coming from the Gentoo
merry-go-round, and want to be able to have a mostly brainless kernel
upgrade process.

I just popped in the 2.6.18-53.1.14 release that came out so I'll see how
that goes.  If I still have trouble, I'll know to go to 2.6.24+.

Thanks,
Jason