[mythtv-users] Mytharchive errors

Teruel de Campo MD chusty at attglobal.net
Sun Mar 16 18:20:46 UTC 2008

mythtv 0.21
opensuse 10.3

Problem: I tried to burn a dvd and the following two errors came:

1. First error:
fmpeg: undefined symbol: sws_getContext

I was using the latest rpm from packman.
I download the newest svn

svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/ffmpeg/trunk ffmpeg

and after installation everything went fine. The version I installed is
SVN-r12462

2. Second Error.

After the previous error was solved the following

Burning ISO image to /dev/dvd
growisofs -dvd-compat  -Z /dev/dvd
-dvd-video -V "America's Election HQ" /ULTRA/mythtv/tmp/work/dvd
Running
growisofs to burn
DVD
FATAL: /dev/dvd already carries isofs!

Mytharchive does not support dvd+RW and if the dvd has data the error
will show. The solution is to blank the dvd before burning (of course
dvd+R will not have that problem)

Hope it help some users. I could not find the error 1 in any the mythtv
threads.

-=terry(Denver)=-