[mythtv-users] .21 CPU loads - is there any hope in sight?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Mar 16 18:00:34 UTC 2008

On 03/16/2008 12:14 PM, Josh White wrote:
> From various threads I've read concerning CPU loads and the Internal
> player, it seems the methods used in compiling some of the standard
> release packages took steps to improve compatibility at the cost of
> performance.

I think it's more a case of packagers not yet having perfected their
compile process for the new release, resulting in improperly built
packages (i.e. lacking MMX).  If that's what you're concerned about,
just be patient and the packagers will get things worked out.

I'm pretty sure that Ubuntu (as it sounds like you may be using that on
at least one of your machines) has worked it out, now, so you may just
need to upgrade that system.  The only other one I know of that was
confirmed to be lacking MMX support was SUSE, and I'm sure they'll sort
it out soon enough.

Mike