[mythtv-users] [mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] merging Qt4 branch to trunk

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 17:26:55 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Woohoo!  Thank you!
>
>  Why the excitement? What sort of new features will QT4 enable?

More generically than those things already mentioned...  If you look
around at a lot of projects they use QT4 as their platform.  By having
myth utilize QT4 we can include less libraries on smaller systems, and
maybe even look towards very small implementations of myth (and yes
some already exist such as gmyth, but I mean more widespread).

There are a lot of good reasons to move to QT4, the main (huge I
think) reason I would think not to move is the amount of time and code
rewriting that must happen.  We want new features, we want bug fixes,
we want our houses plated in Platinum, but we must be able and willing
to put some of these hopes aside if we also want to move to QT4 so the
developers can spend their time appropriately.  Since the platinum
plated house doesn't use the developers time we can continue on with
that hope ;-]

-Chad