[mythtv-users] Please recommend a IR receiver that can wake from suspend-2-ram

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 16:43:17 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
>  Since my research failed me the first time, I thought I'd ask for
>  first hand experiences with other receivers. Waking from suspend via
>  the USB port is a must have feature for me (if it weren't, I'd still
>  be using my IRA-3), so please don't bother recommending anything that
>  doesn't support it.

Ron,

Can't cite URLs for threads, but there was a bug with USB wakeup which
was supposed to be fixed, IIRC, in kernels at or after 2.6.24.  I have
had other things to watch ;-) so I haven't pursued it recently myself.
 I have a Micro$oft Media Center remote and receiver which do
everything else I want except wake from suspend/hibernate, so I am
looking forward to getting that going.  OTOH, since I have problems
with getting suspend to work on my hardware, wakeup has become a
secondary issue.  Someday I hope to get back to these "projects", too.
 On top of everything else, having been convinced to get off the
Fedora Core merry-go-round and switch to CentOS, I find that kmdls and
support for TuxOnIce (my preferred suspend/hibernate solution) tend to
be overlooked and only built on request, so I find myself seriously
looking at building my own RPM repository to maintain
built-from-sources kernels and kmdls to support CentOS 5.1 with
nvidia-graphics, alsa, ivtv, lirc, and suspend2/tuxonice kmdl and
kernel modifications supported.

Craig.