[mythtv-users] Syncing Minimyth with a backend

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Mar 16 15:51:10 UTC 2008

I have just put together a new Media Centre-style host[1] I intend to use as a
dedicated front-end which will diskless boot. I decided to choose Minimyth as
the operating system for this.

I already run a LTSP (Linux Terminal Server Project) server so adding Minimyth
should'nt have been a problem, and apart from the usual configuration cockups I
am mostly there.

However, I have come to a halt with respect to connecting it to the existing
Mythtv network, which is, the potential protocol/version mismatch. I wanted to
sort out the Minimyth side of things first and then do my upgrade to 0.21 based
on whatever that built as.

I have built from Minimyth 0.21.0-42, which says that it is based on svn 16483.
My first question (to Paul) therefore is, which svn? Trunk? Fixes? My second (to
Mike Dean) is, can I just pull this svn version from Trunk/Fixes/Wherever and
use it to upgrade the rest of my systems so that they are all compatible?

Currently running Trunk svn 14033.

Mike Perkins

[1] VIA EPIA LN 10000 1.0 Gb Fanless + 1Gb Ram + Cheap box. £207. I know, I'll
be paying for it for months to come.