[mythtv-users] rpms for mythtv 0.21

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sat Mar 15 22:21:06 UTC 2008

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the RHEL/CentOS/SL and Fedora rpms for mythtv, all add-ons, themes
> etc. have been moved to ATrpms' stable section.

Hi Axel and others,

I have tried upgrading and am running into a few problems.  First, I
tried to use the mythtv meta package, but maybe it doesn't exist anymore:

yum update mythtv
Could not find update match for mythtv

So then I try to update packages individually, hoping that the major
components will pull in a lot of the needed dependencies:

yum update mythflix

This results in errors such as the following:

file /usr/share/mythtv/setup.xml from install of
mythtv-frontend-0.21-183.el5 conflicts with file from package
mythtv-setup-0.20.2-170.el5

> Notes:
> o RHEL5/CentOS5 mythtv installs need some packages from atrpms-testing.

I tried enabling testing to no avail.

Btw, kernel version is 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5.

Thanks for any help.