[mythtv-users] Can't install libraw1394-devel to use firewire_tester

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 21:12:53 UTC 2008

I want to use firewire_tester and my install of libraw1394-devel is failing.
Here's the result:

[root at magic ~]# yum install libraw1394-devel

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/lib/libraw1394.so.8.2.0 from install of libraw1394_8-
1.3.0-3_11.fc8.i386 conflicts with file from package
libraw1394-1.3.0-3.fc8.i386

This is a basic Fedora Core 8 install with MythTV installed via yum &
atrpms. I considered sending it to the atrpms list instead but my first
thought is that it's a bit more Myth specific, hopefully somebody can help.
Thanks.