[mythtv-users] splashy + nvidia + framebuffer

Alex Halovanic halovanic at gmail.com
Sat Mar 15 20:19:01 UTC 2008

I'm not sure what the issue is; i  was running a stock 2.6.22 debian kernel
and framebuffer itself seemed to work fine.  Did the 2.6.24 kernel make the
switch to uvesafb from vesafb?

The real problem I encountered on debian was that even with a working
framebuffer, splashy kept making the system hang on boot; some sort of
problem with libdirectfb causing it to timeout: