[mythtv-users] .21 on OS X 10.4 PPC

David Snider dsnider at thesniderpad.com
Sat Mar 15 01:39:33 UTC 2008

Wade Maxfield wrote:
> Josh White wrote:
>
>> I tried running the .21 build on an 800mhz G4 eMac with 512mb of ram, on a
>> fully updated copy of 10.4, and after extracting; when I click on the
>> MythTVFronend icon, it "bounces" and then nothing.  Any ideas?
>>

> try this in terminal:
>
> cd /your/path/to/MythFrontend.app/Contents/MacOS/
> ./mythfrontend
>

> You should then be able to see a log file of what's happening.
>
>   - Wade

FYI, Jens Baumeister let me know that it was bombing out on the
AVCVideoServices, which is part of the FireWire SDK.  I manually copied
the framework to the binary and just finished uploading it to the site.

Sorry for any inconvenience, I haven't been able to test this myself as
my backend isn't up on .21 yet.  I'll get a dev box up and running here
soon so that I can be a better "tester"... ;-)