[mythtv-users] couple questions about .21

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 23:34:46 UTC 2008

A friend of mine had the same problem a good while ago.  I think the mistake
here is that if this is a catv tuner you don't want to hit the 'scan for
channels' button in setup.  Just make sure you have a 'source' already
setup, then hit the 'fetch channels from  listing source' button.  Then, run
mythfilldatabase and hopefully the proper channel descriptions will populate
themselves.  You may want to delete your tuner card first, the re-add it to
start from scratch to make sure.  Good luck!

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2008, at 3:17 PM, steve wrote:

> > two questions.  One, using myth .21, and a couple other versions ive
> > tried, when you scan for channels why in gods name does it put "Adding
> > Channel" in front of the actual channel #?  And how can I stop it from
> > doing so?  its quite annoying to have to edit every channel.
>
> Bug? god has nothing to do with it, I'm sure of that.
>
> > two.  On myth .21 the new scan for icon feature, great idea by the
> > way.
> > ~ how ,and, does it work yet?  I scanned for "all icons" it said it
> > found
> > 60 something icons, but when you go back to the channel setup, next to
> > "icon" it says "none" for every channel. also none show up under guide
> > or when changing channels.
>
> Because of the above bug? It works if your channel names aren't
> screwed up.

Mark Murray