[mythtv-users] Help for xmltv, tv_grab_fr for DVB-S

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Fri Mar 14 20:10:40 UTC 2008

All,

Sorry if I sound stupid, but this is how I feel at the moment.

I cannot wrap my mind around the setup of XMLTV grabbers.

Here is my current situation:

      * Capture card is DVB-S, setup fine, including the LNB
      * video source called sat-eit for pure EIT is created
      * card and source matched and channels scanned properly

I can watch satellite TV very fine, but the EIT content is quite
sub-par.

I decide to switch to XMLTV.

I get the latest tv_grab_fr.

     1. I keep the capture card the same
     2. I create a new video source called sat-grab, select tv_grab_fr,
        go through the --configure motions and select the channels I
        want to use. I am being told that I should use mythfilldatabase
        --manual for the first run
     3. I go to the current card/source match and change sat-eit to
        sat-grab. I scan the channels again
     4. I exit mythtv-setup
     5. I run mythfilldatabase --manual

and there I am a bit stuck and seek help here as Google and the wiki
were not really helpful.

That last step is supposed to match xmltv IDs to the scanned channels,
isn't it?

Am i going wrong somewhere?

What should I be doing now?

Thanks for any help,