[mythtv-users] Justin's themes

lemongecko at gmail.com lemongecko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:00:40 UTC 2008

Didn't he license it under the Creative Commons CA/NC/SA? I'm pretty
sure that allows you to modify as long as there's attribution and you
promise to never use it in a commercial venture. It's in his COPYING
file that comes with glass. Sorry for any grotty line breaks:

Licensor hereby grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive,
perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to
exercise the rights in the Work as stated below:

   1. to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more
Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the
Collections;
   2. to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such
Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable
steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes
were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be
marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or
a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified.";

The other kicker (though a minor one) is that your changes don't
change the fact that Justin OWNS glass. So any revisions you make
would need to be licensed similarly.