[mythtv-users] digital cable with comcast/cupertino: use DCH3200/firewire or HD-HomeRun?

Deyan mythtv at bektchiev.net
Fri Mar 14 16:34:08 UTC 2008

> - Comcast in my area seems to offer a Motorola with DCH3200, but am I
>  correct in assuming that it's unlikely to have anything coming out of the
>  firewire port that I'm likely to be able to use?

I have that same DCH3200 box in Mountain View and I don't subscribe to any
of the premium channels but I do get most of the channels (SD and HD) out of
the FireWire port. Due to some oddity channel 705 (KPIX - the local CBS
affiliate) is encrypted and cannot be recorder from the cable box but I have
a QAM card that can tune it so I haven't complained.

Deyan