[mythtv-users] Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Fri Mar 14 02:33:08 UTC 2008

Justin Nolan wrote:
>>> I was FINALLY able to satisfy all of the dependencies. Luckily I
>>> didn't have
>>> the same problem with libc6 (xdm stopped, and it continued
>>> happily). I did
>>> have infinite trouble installing liblame-dev.. it wanted a
>>> different version
>>> of liblame0, even though mine was up to date. Had to install that
>>> one by
>>> hand. There were approximately one bajillion packages I had to
>>> install/upgrade.
>>>

>> Are you running a 2.4.x linux kernel?  i.e. From a Xebian installed on
>> a FATX gamesave partition?
>>

> Yes, I am. But it failed in the middle of the night:
>
> 123023: Error: undefined symbol '.LLSDACSE6264' in operations
> g++: Internal Error: Killed (program cc1plus)
>
> Google isn't helping on this one.

Can't offer much assistance, but I have noticed that anything involving
QT (i.e. Myth and QT itself) tends to be an utter swine to compile for a
processor.  I seem to recall reading something about being FPU heavy but
either way, the usual trick is to let the sucker cool down and try
again.  Hopefully it'll skip all the bits it's done and go from pretty
much where it left off.

If this is compiling on an xbox, I can't see the system would be
designed to be at 100% load for hour upon hour.   So its at least worth
a try to kick it off again.

Sarah