[mythtv-users] LiveTV limited number of channels

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 13 22:10:27 UTC 2008

On 03/13/2008 05:58 PM, Bruce Markey wrote:

>> I'm maybe just being slow but I'm not quite sure I'm understanding
>> this.  Also my setup(2 x Nova-T cards using OTA data) is quite simple
>> so maybe that makes it less clear to me.
>>
>> Is this correct?
>>
>> "Source" is the channel listing, in my case the EIT data.
>> "Input" is the physical tuner card?
<removed lots of good explanation>
>>> From the above link:
>>>
>> * "Y" is now mapped to "NEXTSOURCE"
>> * "C" is mapped to "NEXTINPUT" which replaces "TOGGLEINPUTS"
>>
> If I pressed why?xxxx "Y", I would switch to another input
> associated with the next video source. In this case from HDTV(1)
> to Digital(2). Input 2 may have also been tuned to The Discovery
> Channel because I like MythBusters, however, this source has
> the Pacific timezone NTSC version for digital cable DSCP. Up,
> down and number could change to other digital cable channels.
>
> If I were to keep pressing "Y", it would switch between video
> sources Cable->HDTV->Digital->Cable->HDTV... However I'll press
> "C" instead to switch between inputs on the card. For card 1,
> this would do nothing but I'm on the s-video input of card 2.
> "C" switches to the next input on this card which is input 3
> from "Cable". DSCP again? But this time with subtle patterns
> of RF interference. Tapping "C" shows coax->s-video->coax...
> Or assuming I'd configured a VCR for the composite input,
> coax->composite->s-video->coax->composite...

And, if--like me--you have one source (I have OTA), multiple cards (I
have 4), and only one input used on each, you'll need to map a key to
the new NEXTCARD binding to allow you to switch from one card to another
(since you don't have multiple inputs in use on any card and you don't
have additional sources).

Mike