[mythtv-users] Frontend management | was: Livetv idle timer in 0.21: where to set?

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Thu Mar 13 21:23:41 UTC 2008

Am Donnerstag, 13. März 2008 19:30:30 schrieb Ronald Frazier:
> >  > How do you set values which don't exist in mythweb?
> >
> >  I guess you can't.  Sorry, I didn't realize that was the case.
>
> Though perhaps you inadvertently came up with a feature request. It
> seems MythTV has lots of hidden setting that don't have gui configs,
> so it would be nice to be able to add these in easily without asking
> people to run SQL code.

Shortly i had similary thoughts. I have to manage several frontends and not
all are permanently in my range. (Parents and brother live next to me) So i
thought about a web gui where one can easily manage the settings. That of
course means that each setting is described very well. Maybe with a dropdown
box containing all possible settings and a description. And maybe sorted in
groups. A step further they could depend on access control lists, so a few
settings could be made by not-me :-)

Would be very nice to have.

I don't know if there are any plans for something like that. If not perhaps i
could try this. The most challenging is collecting all settings with
corresponding options, i think.

Any comments?

Flo