[mythtv-users] Blue tinge / preview size

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Mar 13 20:09:16 UTC 2008

On 03/13/2008 03:18 PM, mythtv.users wrote:
>> On 03/13/2008 05:55 AM, mythtv.users wrote:
>>
>>> I've just upgraded to 0.21 and noticed that the video preview window
>>> isn't
>>> right, all the people are blue!
>>>
>>> Does anyone else see this, is it just some strange combination of
>>> factors that only I have?
>>>
>> Your MythTV was built without MMX.  If you compiled yourself,
>>
> Nope, been there, bought the T-shirt, now I just use packages.
>
>> If you're using a packaged version of Myth, you need to tell your
>> packager more details of the setup you're using because he needs to
>> adjust the configuration so it will work on lots of different machines,
>> but so it also has MMX.
>>
> It's a P4 so I'd hope fairly common... I've emailed the packager anyway.

The thing is that packagers have to mess with things like --cpu, --tune,
and --arch to get packages that work on lots of different machines, so
just like self-compiling and using those switches can break things, ...

> FWIW it's Suse 10.3 with packages from
> http://packman.links2linux.de/package/mythtv/54558

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/318827#318827 includes
a link to a post that shows how to verify the issue and shows that it
just happened with Ubuntu's 0.21-fixes packages (and happened with
almost all packages in 0.20).

Mike