[mythtv-users] EIT scanning on DVB-S

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Thu Mar 13 17:04:42 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I have a brand new DVB-S setup alongside my DVB-T stuff.

The dish is pointed to Astra 19.2 and I'm set with the few FTA French
channels.

I'm currently set to EIT only, as I'm too lazy to setup XMLTV.

The thing is, I have a very small amount of EIT data. When I'm 1/2 a day
ahead, i can consider myself happy. some channels are even worse than
the others.

My environment:
Mythbuntu gutsy with 0.21 backport 64-bit
KWorld DVB-S-100 tuner
recent v4l-dvb tree

My questions:
Is it to be expected and I have been spoilt with the local DVB-T EIT, I
should use XMLTV
Is it a setting in mythtv that I am missing?

Thanks for your help,

Nico