[mythtv-users] MythBackend incorrectly escaping spaces in user job commands?

Ben Lancaster mail at benlancaster.co.uk
Thu Mar 13 14:29:58 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm working on a bash script / user job (based on the one in the wiki)
to automatically transcode recordings for my iPhone. Having followed the
instructions for creating a userjob that does the following:

/usr/local/bin/myth2iphone.sh %DIR% %FILE%

...both %DIR% and %FILE% are coming in as a single argument to the bash
script ($1), rather than two arguments ($1 and $2), which leads me to
think that the script is being called as:

/usr/local/bin/myth2iphone %DIR%\ %FILE%

(note the backslash, escaping the space between %DIR% and %FILE%)

When I substitute the correct values for %DIR% and %FILE% and call the
script from the command line, the script executes as you'd expect and
correctly processes the passed arguments.

Anybody know what's going on, or what I'm doing wrong? Looks like a bug
to me.

Ben