[mythtv-users] PXE Network Boot

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 14:18:56 UTC 2008

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:16 AM, James Gutshall Jr <warchildx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 10:06 AM, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> > > tftp
> > >
> > > I'm confused. Where are you getting the redhat installer thing from?
> > > Do you have a CD in the drive, and it's failing to netboot and
> > > falliing back to your CD drive? Is the coming from the bootimage you
> > > download from the tftp server?
> > >
> > > This may not be of use to you as it appears you may be using redhat,
> > > but I run debian and found the following to be the best guide I found
> > > for setting up diskless.
> > >
> > > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/debian-26/how-i-did-it-diskless-netboot-with-debian-etch-468870/
> > >

> > > --
> > > Ron
> > >

> > I think my WM is doing something bug it loads so fast I cant tell  what
> > is happeneding.  How can i slow the BIOS down or atleast record what is
> > happening.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mitchell

> Click in the Console window of the vmware guest, and press the esc key.
> then you can force the boot from lan instead of booting from disk.
> --James

That should be "when powering on the guest (as soon as you see the vmware
logo for bios), click in the console window, and press ESC".  You will then
be given the option of changing the boot order.  if that works, you can
repeat in order to go into the guest's bios and permanently change the boot
order.
--James