[mythtv-users] Sound a second behind video

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Thu Mar 13 13:09:13 UTC 2008

On 13-Mar-08, at 6:37 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 03/12/2008 11:36 PM, Mark Hutchinson wrote:
>>> I am a bit lacking in what it takes to fix this one.  Advice
>>> appreciated.
>>
>> Read my long reply:  "So, I would recommend you start by manually
>> deleting the seektable then build a seektable using mythtranscode, as
>> above..."
>
> That is enough to prove that the seektable is the issue.
>
> Once you've done that, you should replicate the problem with a new
> recording, and dump the (bad) seektable for that recording to a file.
>
> I think the following command should do that (replace the chanid and
> starttime parameters with the proper values for the recording you're
> working with):
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from recordedseek where
> chanid="1006" and starttime="2008-02-26 19:59:00" order by mark;' >
> badseek.txt
>
> Then, delete and recreate a good seektable using mythtranscode, and
> dump
> the good one to another file:
>
> mysql -u mythtv -p mythconverg -e 'select * from recordedseek where
> chanid="1006" and starttime="2008-02-26 19:59:00" order by mark;' >
> goodseek.txt
>
> Those two files might have enough info to give the devs a clue about
> where the bug might be.
>
> - Marc

I will do this today.
There is definitely a bug.
My system is fine on HD, but just does this on SD.  Same source.
Firewire from STB.

Though, it confuses me on this point.  If I take that TV recording,
move it to my video directory, play it with mplayer, it plays fine. If
I play it from that same video directory with Internal player, the
sound is off sync.  This removes the seek table right?  Just a raw
video file at that point.  Feels like an Internal player problem.
ffplay shows the same delay in audio on play.  ffmpeg devs will not
look at it unless the libraries used are the latest SVN.  The Internal
player is not using the latest.  So I am stuck on that.