[mythtv-users] Livetv idle timer in 0.21: where to set?

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Mar 13 11:42:40 UTC 2008

Interesting. I had no idea this feature even existed, but doing a
quick search of the code I found it. Glancing at the code, it appears
to make sense and should work, but obviously I've never tried it, so
no guarantee that this is a finished, working feature.

Looking at the code, there is no place to set this in the GUI. You
will need to insert it into the database directly (in the settings
table). The setting name is LiveTVIdleTimeout, and the value is the
number of minutes after which to timeout.You can do that using the
following SQL command (replace <X> with the number of minutes you want
to set the timeout to, and replace <Y> with the hostname of your
frontend).

INSERT INTO `mythconverg`.`settings` (`value` ,`data` ,`hostname`)
VALUES ('LiveTVIdleTimeout', '<X>', '<Y>');

--
Ron