[mythtv-users] Deinterlacing in 0.21

Florian Bittner flo at flobittner.de
Thu Mar 13 10:54:24 UTC 2008

> I do notice a slight judder on scrolling credits every few seconds
> though I'm wondering if that's because I'm watching a PAL programme on a
> 60Hz display (Sony LCD TV)?

Try to set a better matching refreshrate, 50Hz or 75 Hz, then it's much
better! But it's not always easy to find out. On my LCD i needed a HDMI
connection to get a good resolution (1280x720) + 75 Hz. Via D-SUB only 4:3
format was possible and additional 1360+768 in 60 Hz. Was very bad for PAL
programms.
On another LCD TV there are no specs in the manual, and trying out resolutions
with xorg.conf wasn't very successful. With 0.21 i now use Mythbuntu and that
showed more resolutions, so i choosed something like 1280x800 with 50 Hz.
Thats much better then before, but not perfect.

Flo