[mythtv-users] Mytharchive (transcode?) not honoring cut list

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Mar 13 05:40:02 UTC 2008

>> Personally I haven't had good luck with cutting commercials during the
>> MythArchive process. I usually mark cutpoints, transcode, then use the
>> transcoded file in MythArchive and it's much happier. I've had out of
>> sync audio/video problems. They may have been resolved but I'm used to
>> doing it this way so I just kept doing it.
>>

> This is what I do ( cut the commercials before running MythArchive )
> although I use projectX for the cutting as I have since mythburn quit
> working a few MythTV versions ago. I go into the frontend mark all the
> commercials on all the shows I want cut then use find to search my
> stroage groups for recordings (usually by month) and all the
> recordings it finds that have a cutlist it will process. I usually run
> this at night when I am not using the machine for anything else and
> then some time in the future I eventually get to running MythArchive.

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add an update.  I just
(last night) did a "dist-upgrade" from Mandriva 2007.1 to 2008.0, with the
latest update, got the latest -mdv kernel (2.6.22-18), tweaked it a bit
and recompiled it (changed timer frequency to 300Hz, made it
AMD64-specific, and a few others).

We still don't have the 0.21 Myth binaries for 2008.0 but I see that
they're in the cooker and should be available soon.  I did freshen up my
Myth install with the latest 0.20.2 binaries for 2008.0 and installed the
100.14.11 64-bit NVidia driver (as I had issues with 100.14.19 on the FE
machine upstairs - the PSOD that another user has also noted).

Mytharchive and mythtranscode now seem to work fine; I archived three HD
shows, with cutlists, to a DVD-R (from the Mytharchive UI; didn't have to
transcode first) and it came out great; no more segfaults with
transcoding.

Looking forward to the 0.21 update.  Any nasty gotchas so far?  I have
seen a few threads concerning minor FireWire glitches and aspect ratio
handling differences.  Anything else come up so far I ought to know about?
 I have two machines (a BE/FE and an FE upstairs) to update.

TIA
Bob