[mythtv-users] 0.21 Not Viewable on VIA EPIA M10K

Michael J. Hammel mythtv at graphics-muse.com
Thu Mar 13 01:47:52 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 17:00 -0700, Mache Creeger wrote:
> I have now tried all configurations of:
>
> Decoder,
> Video Renderer, and
> OSD Renderer
>
> Either I get warbled sound, color shifting on the video (people's
> faces are blue), sputtering video, segfault, or I get endless
> "rebuffer waits" that loop indefinitely.

I have two frontends.  One is an M10K the other is my laptop which uses
the Intel 915GM chipset.  Both have this same problem.  A third
frontend, configured on the backend server, does not.  It appears to
play just fine.

All testing was done from updates applied via the ATrpms repository.

I first updated the M10K (after updating the server) and started
fiddling with the playback configurations.  I got it working, albeit
with slightly poor video quality, using the default configuration for
the Slim profile.  I then started mucking with that one for better
results and lost all playback.  I wasn't able to get it working again.

So then I went to the laptop and tried it.  I tried all the profiles
first.  The Slim profile also worked here.  So I put the laptop next to
the M10K and reconfigured the Slim profile to be *exactly* like the
original setting.  The M10K now plays live TV.  That much is fixed - as
long as you have Slim configured *exactly* like it was originally.

There is still the problem that exiting the internal player from LiveTV
or from a ripped video segfaults MythTV.  On the M10K (my MythBox) I get
around that by having MythTV start via inittab.  I don't do that on the
laptop, however.

There are other problems.  I'm trying to write them all up so I can post
to the wiki (eventually).
--
Michael J. Hammel <mythtv at graphics-muse.com>