[mythtv-users] LiveTV limited number of channels

Paul Mason latepaul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 00:17:30 UTC 2008

On 13/03/2008, Paul Mason <latepaul at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/03/2008, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net> wrote:

All the channels show up in the EPG however and the ones
> > you can't currently tuner are marked. (I believe the marking depends on
> > the theme you are using.)
>

> I just tried all the default themes - Blue, G.A.N.T., Iulius, Minimalist,
> Mythcenter, Retro and Titivillus - in none of them could I see any
> difference between the available and unavailable channels in the program
> guide. What specifically am I looking for?

OK, I just discovered that if I have two recordings, on different
multiplexes, on the go then channels which are on neither of those two
multiplexes are greyed out. This makes sense. As does the fact that none of
the channels were greyed out before when only one recording was taking place
(since there was a spare tuner). Unfortunately that was not consistent with
actually being able to watch these channels.

I tried manually switching between tuners (using the 'Y' key) but that had
no effect. I'll try that again tomorrow when I have a chance to try it when
no recordings are taking place.

--
Paul Mason