[mythtv-users] 0.21 Not Viewable on VIA EPIA M10K

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Thu Mar 13 00:16:17 UTC 2008

Mache Creeger wrote:
> I have now tried all configurations of:
>
> Decoder,
> Video Renderer, and
> OSD Renderer
>
> Either I get warbled sound, color shifting on the video (people's faces
> are blue), sputtering video, segfault, or I get endless "rebuffer waits"
> that loop indefinitely.
>
> Perhaps we should divide up the areas we need to search to find the best
> approach for the VIA hardware.  There have been several suggestions.
>
> 1. Migrate back to Xorg 7.2 from 7.3
> 2. Migrate openchrome drivers back.
> 3. Recompile certain source images with specific patches or flags set
> and reload them
> 4. Find a configuration of decoder, video renderer, and OSD renderer
> that I have missed.
>
> If we define the search space for a viable solution, we can split it up
> and work more efficiently.

I am creating a MiniMyth build with the ticket 4792 patch (already in
MiniMyth), ticket 4930 patch (already in MiniMyth), Mesa 7.0.1
(currently using Mesa 7.0.3-rc2), Xorg 7.2 (currently using Xorg 7.3)
and a patch to add an XvMC-VLD playback profile. I do not believe that
the Xorg 7.2 change is needed to resolve this problem but it resolves an
xscreensaver relate problem.