[mythtv-users] Decent Music Player

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:32:50 UTC 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 9:40 AM, Damian O'Sullivan wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2008, Steven Adeff wrote:
>
>> You can have MythMusic display your music using your folder structure
>> instead of by using the ID tags.
>> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/MythMusic_File_Organization
>> use 'directory'
>
> This is all well and good except I have organised my music by
> Artist-Album/tracks
>
> I have over 2500 albums so scrolling becomes a nightmare. Would be
> nice to
> use the remote for jumping to letters. Also page up/page down does not
> seem to work for me in mythmusic. I would love to have a nice
> mythmusic
> setup but for me it is unusable really.

Okay, who wants to port iTunes to a mythplugin? Don't forget to
include Cover flow!

I have the same issues with myhmusic though, I have 16,000 songs and
could never try to play my music through myth... fortunately I can
plug my iPod into the stereo, but I do agree that it would be nice to
have a good music player. I guess this is where I start reading my C+
+ book. Don't hold your breath, I've had this book for years, and
still haven't gotten past chapter 3 or 4 (it's a time issue).