[mythtv-users] Database upgrade failing (.20-fixes to .21 Ubuntu Backports)

Mark Murray marklmurray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 15:53:43 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 11:18 AM, Boleslaw Ciesielski <bolek-mythtv at curl.com>
wrote:

> jedi wrote:
> >     Is there an upgrade script somewhere that we could examine
> > and perhaps run individually to get around this sort of problem?
> > If it's just one big SQL file then it should be easy enough to
> > debug the issue directly.
>
> See doUpgradeTVDatabaseSchema() in mythtv/libs/libmythtv/dbcheck.cpp

Okay.  Something must have happened during the upgrade.  I just restored the
database back to what it was just before the upgrade and re-ran
/usr/bin/mythbackend.  I went through the exercise of upgrading the database
schema just fine.

It seems this was a false alarm, but I didn't notice any trouble (other than
it not working) when I first did the package upgrade.

Thanks!

--
Mark Murray