[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Kevin Bailey ke-myth at retriever.dyndns.org
Wed Mar 12 02:23:40 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 05:00:25PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> Then people would expect that the recordings they made in one version
> would be available to another version.  This /only/ works if there's
> only one database getting updated...

I don't think features should be shot down because it might
confuse a few people. (It certainly hasn't stopped myth in
the past. :) ) The only cases that anyone cares about so far
are:

upgrading, where the database will be "copied" over and
flipping between versions, where the person is smart enough
	to know about virtual machines, chroots, etc. and
	so is probably smart enough to know that the DBs
	aren't replicated

Neither case requires one DB.