[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.21: What is a watch list?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Mar 12 02:15:12 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 4:58 PM, match at ece.utah.edu wrote:

> On 11 Mar 2008 at 14:05, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>
>> I have faith that the final released version of MythTV will have
>> complete full documentation that end users will read from cover to
>> cover. I'm of course talking about MythTV 1.0. And by "read" I mean,
>> "ignore".
>
> Nice try, Brad. I suspect you're trying to say "This is version 0.21
> so what do
> you expect?"

My point is that if dev spent 1/3 their time writing doc instead of
coding and fixing bugs, we'd have only 2/3 of a complete system. Tons
of people complained that 0.21 took so long to release. Imagine if
they had to wait for dev to catch up on doc as well.

Also, OpenSource is the only type of software development process I've
ever seen where developers were expected to provide end-user
documentation. The software companies I've worked for would fire any
developer who tried to give doc to end users without going through a
tech writer.

Please don't point out where I'm clearly wrong and that other
companies have dev write doc. I'm speaking from my personal experience
of the admittedly short 8 years working for software companies.

-Brad