[mythtv-users] OT: Messed up VNC

Mache Creeger mache at creeger.com
Tue Mar 11 23:07:10 UTC 2008

I would take all references to VNC out and stop the VNC server from
running. Instead use the System, Preferences, Internet and Network,
Remote Desktop in gnome. Select:

Allow others to view your desktop
Allow others to control your desktop
Require the user to enter this password

To access, use tightVNC running over SSH (putty) and define tunnels
to be 5900 going to 127.0.0.1:5900.

That should work fine with no problems

-- Mache