[mythtv-users] Questions prior to 0.21 upgrade

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 11 22:39:09 UTC 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 2:28 PM, Gareth Glaccum wrote:

>>> 2. Mixing & matching versions
>>> If I chicken out on the upgrade and stay on 0.20.2 on my master BE/
>>> FE,
>>> will I be able to run 0.21 on
>>> other FE-only boxes?
>>
>> No. All versions much match. They *must* use the same protocol
>> version
>> which has had many updates since 0,20.
>
> I am going to suck it and see. One of my FEs is un-updateable,
> however, it
> appears to be on protocol version 31 already..., which according to
> the
> release notes for .21, is the 'new' protocol version.
> Gareth

Actually, I changed the wiki back since the statement is correct:
Fixed programinfo passing between master and slave backend. This
required a protocol change to version 31.

That change did require a protocol change to 31. Other changes
required protocol changes to 32, 33, 34, ... 40. It's just not
specified on the wiki which network protocol 0.21 ended up with.