[mythtv-users] Time to record before start with back-to-backrecordings and multirec?

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Tue Mar 11 18:55:10 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have two DVB-T cards, and I'm using multirec. I have the "Time to record
before start" and "...after end" set to 120 and 300 seconds respectively.

Is there any way to make MythTV automatically switch virtual tuners? I have
5 tuners on each card, but if I have two back-to-back recordings on the same
channel, they will both be scheduled to be recorded on Tuner 1, and I will
still get the risk of missing the end of the first program or the start of
the second program.

If I manually set the first program to stop recording 5 minutes late, and
the second program to start recording 2 minutes early, the first will be
recorded on Tuner 1 and the second on Tuner 2 (same card, same channel being
recorded using multirec). Is there any way of making the tuners alternate
automatically?

The only way I can think of doing this is to make the "Time to record before
start" a hard constraint rather than a soft constraint. I thought I read
something about this either on this list or in the SVN tickets. Can anybody
tell me if there's a way of doing what I'm describing?

Thanks,

Jonny

I have noticed this problem too. I thin setting up "hard constraint"
works fine in most situations.

But, I have three tuners, and only one has CI and paycard, so many
channels are only available with this card, and it can only decrypt one
channel at a time.

So, if I setup hard constraint, it works fine with free channels, but
causes conflicts with pay channels who only uses one tuner.
I have not found good solution, just set up start early time by hand
when making record rule.

- Kane