[mythtv-users] Shows did not record?

Ismo Tanskanen ismot at telemail.fi
Tue Mar 11 18:49:33 UTC 2008

On 03/10/2008 06:33 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
> > I have noticed few shows didnot record as expected.
> > There is no later showing of this show.
> > There were free tuners available, as I have three tuners, and two
> > virtuals each. Upcoming records didnot show any conflicts before
> > recording. And if there were no free tuners, should myth throw popup
> > asking for record? That it does usually.
>  This sounds like a bug I reported in ticket #4725, which was fixed in
>  patch 16182. In a nutshell, if the scheduler expected to record on a
>  specific tuner and you were using that tuner for liveTV, it just
>  aborted the recording instead of prompting.

And he said he's using r15728. Time for an upgrade.

I figured if it were a bug, it had to be related to that popup, but I
figured any would have been fixed by now, and I just assumed (bad me)
that the OP had tried upgrading to a relatively recent revision before
asking about an issue. Thanks for giving a more concrete answer than
mine. :)

Mike

Thanks everybody for answers.

Reason, why I'm running 15728 is, that I had serious LiveTv problems
with latest svn update what I made about week ago. I'm now trying to
update to latest code, and hope it works.

I'm sure there was no popup. And free tuners were available, as I was
only using one.
Also, I'm using EIT for EPG, and I'm pretty sure there was no later showing.

I now have disabled "Reschedule Higher Priorities". Will see how it works..

Thanks,
-Kane