[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Tue Mar 11 17:21:59 UTC 2008

Bryan Bennetts wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2008 13:35, Sarah Hayes wrote:
>
>> Ed Brandon wrote:
>>
>>> It looks like .21 has officially been released according to the
>>> homepage, anybody install it yet?

>> Not yet, waiting for Gentoo to catch up :)
>>

> media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p16468 is available, of course its hard masked, but since
> you've run the betas...

For some strange reason I prefer to use the ebuild rather than go from
source and do the ./config by hand.  I'll wait until it's unmasked,
triple checked, threads appear in the Gentoo forums and general panel
beating is done before I push it out to the house proper.

But yes, a flavor of 0.21 has been tootling around in a vm, complaining
loudly about my smashing it with a stick and proding it... not REALLY
broken it yet (goes back to trying) :)

I *DO* have to keep the HAF up after all :)

Oddball OT question, anyone got a simple way of compiling just
mythwelcome?  Assuming mythtv is installed and yadda yadda, I am... an
idiot (and follower of FAQ's).

Sarah